Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Reflection On Writing Project 1

I must begin to explain that I am quite impressed by the amount I have learned about my own writing technique throughout the first Writing Project of this class. The entire experience of writing this paper did not go as smooth as I had planned but with the work that I did put in I am quite pleased with the overall outcome. The hardest part for this paper was not so much thinking of one of my life experiences but it was incorporating outside sources that intertwined. It took some research and thought but once I had found these materials it was quite amazing how my ideas all came together as one. While writing this paper I also really appreciated the peer review. I truly felt that it was a vital part of the writing process and still feel this way after completing it in Dr. Wielgos' class. I also did a lot of learning throughout the process of writing this synthesis paper. While discussing and reviewing my paper with Dr. Wielgos I realized how much I use the past tense in my writing. It was funny because I never really realized how many pronouns I had been using in my writing. He was able to teach me a new way to revise my paper by taking each sentence by sentence and analyzing each one to make sure it flowed for the reader. I greatly appreciate the assistance and time we have been given to write this paper and make sure that it is up to the class standards. I believe that I have definitely accomplished what I have wanted for this first project in College Writing II, but I also know that my standards for the next papers to come will come with greater expectations that I am willing to give my all and look up to. My design plan was similar along the basis of my entire paper. There were specific aspects of my paper that I did change as a whole because even while writing the paper I seemed to discover the meaning behind my narrative and the life experience that I had gone through. I am looking forward to watching my writing progress this semester and I am excited for what is to come in this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment