Thursday, March 17, 2016

From my Design Plan to Explanatory Synthesis Paper

Wow, to begin it is actually quite funny how much my design plan differs from my actual paper. Before I wrote on the topic of prevention of Alzheimer's disease I was focused on "specific" health topics such as how certain foods are healthy. I began writing my paper on the surprising facts of how certain types of chocolate are actually good for humans and health yet it just seemed that I was lacking passion in this form of paper writing. While taking lots of time to think about my topic and which topic I could write the most about I asked both my friends and family for help on choosing the topic. It was funny because the weekend in class that we were given to work on the design plan was also the weekend of my Grandpa's birthday. He is currently suffering from Alzheimer's disease and this is something that has affected not only him but my entire family. The disease truly does scares me and I started questioning whether or not there was any way I could prevent this from happening not only for myself but for all of my other loved ones. I couldn't even imagine watching another family member suffer from this disease. Watching my grandpa is hard enough. I decided to research and to my surprise there were tons of ways to prevent this disease and I found that this would be important information that an even larger audience would benefit from hearing. I am very happy with my finished paper and glad that I have learned so much more from this entire writing process!

No comments:

Post a Comment